Friday, February 1, 2008

Scheduled Hair Time

After checking my palm, I realized that it's M2's weekend to get her hair washed and styled. Out of my 3 girls, she has the most hair. So, I definitely have my work cut out for me!

As I said in a previous post, it's important to plan when you can do your child's hair and also how you are going to style the hair. You have to consider how long you need the style to last in contrast with how much time you have to actually "do" the hair. If you don't have much time right now, you should do a style that will last at least a week or two that doesn't take much time. My favorite time saving style is the 2 strand twist. It doesn't last as long as braids, but it's quick to do and it's way easier to take down when you're ready to wash the hair again. Now if you have more time, I would suggest a braid style, which would also last longer. The braids take longer to do and take longer to take down for washing. But, if you have the time to invest, it's well worth it, like during summer vacation or long holidays.

When I say "braids" I am talking about the individual braids that can be moved around or put into ponytails. Cornrows are the flat braids that do not move and just lie next to the scalp. Cornrows are a bit time consuming, but they are easy to take down. To me, they are somewhere between twists and braids as far as how long they last.

I will begin posting how-tos very soon so you can try some of these things on your little darlins'!

No comments: