Friday, February 1, 2008

Preventative Measures


After you take all that time to get those ponytails just right, it's ruined after 1 serious naptime or 1 fitful night's sleep. That happened to me one to many times before I figured out I need to treat my daughters' hair like I do my own. Thus, the head scarf, sleeping cap, bonnet, or whatever else you want to call it comes into play. I don't know about you, but when I have a fresh style I want to preserve, I definitely break out all preventative measures! So, for my girls, I have satin/silk scarves that they wear nightly. Even when they were little, like 3 years old and their heads were too little for the scarves, I bought the "doo-rag" wave caps. Yes, the ones that have the long back and the two long strings to wrap around your head. They work like a charm on that little one that sleeps wildly. My 6 year old still uses hers. My 9 year old has graduated to one of "mommy's scarves" now. I've even seen lately, the satin bonnets made especially for kids in the underground beauty supply stores If you don't have one, I suggest you try it.

No comments: