Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Conditioning for Children

As I mentioned in a previous post, it is important that you condition your child's hair after every shampoo. I learned with M1, how drying the "baby" shampoos are for ethnic hair. Once I put away the baby/children's shampoo, my baby's hair started filling in and growing. So first off, don't use the kiddie shampoo, use one that you would use on your own hair. By that I mean, when I am choosing a shampoo for myself, I select one that does what I feel my hair needs. Like moisturizing, deep cleansing, or conditioning. Base your child's shampoo selection on what their hair seems to need. Likewise with the conditioner. Find a formulation that does what you feel your child's hair needs. Be it detangling, moisturizing, or shine, choose whichever one the hair needs at that time.



Now you know I love the Carol's Daughter products, but again the price is not friendly for a person with 3 girls with tons of hair. I must tell you though, the Tui Hair Smoothie conditioner from CD is WONDERFUL!!! It is very stiff, almost a solid, so you must rub it in your palm vigorously to "warm" it up so you can spread it on the hair. I let it sit about a minute or two and voila', un-tangled, smooth hair. I didn't even have to comb it through the hair. Simply amazing. Now for my budget conscious self, I'm always on the lookout for something that works but is cheaper than the CD. Lo and behold, Tar-jay had a single jar of this ---------->
This little jar of Smooth 'N Shine Therapy Repair Extreme is a good conditioner! Now, I guess I am on the late show because everytime I go back to get more, there is never any left on the shelf. I've been stalking this product since before Christmas. The one jar I got that day, is the only one I've been able to find. So, if you want a fast-acting, inexpensive condish, this is one to try. We went through that jar in about 3 weeks because I was using it on everyone, including myself!


So, if you don't have a good conditioner for your child, you might want to look into that posthaste. Conditioning is key in keeping the hair washing process drama-free. The conditioned hair makes the comb out process easier. And we all know the "comb out" is the least favorite part of the whole routine:(

No comments: