Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Drama Free Shampoo Time

Good ole' shampoo time. It used to bring tears and bribes out at my house. However, I finally got turned on to a better way to handle things. You know I don't use the blow dryer, so how in the world do you get the child's hair washed, styled, and ready to go in time for the 2 o'clock chuck e. cheese party??? In a word, PLANNING!

When I said I use my Palm to schedule hair time, I was serious as a heart attack. We all want to get the hair done as painlessly and quickly as possible right? So then, we need to plan strategically to accomplish this. The best plan for me, is to get the hair washed late evening the day before I need to have it finished. And no, your little precious will NOT catch a cold from going to bed with damp hair. First get the hair washed and then divide it into 4 sections. (Make sure you comb it out while wet to get out all the tangles and add whatever oil you plan on styling with.) Then braid/plait each section, tight enough so that it won't come loose overnight, but it doesn't have to be perfect. In the morning, the hair is dry and ready to style, sans blow drying. By the time they have slept in those warm beds for 8+ hours their washed and conditioned hair is ready to style easily. And yes, children's hair does need conditioner. (not the 2n1 kiddie formulas) But that's a whole 'nother post!

No comments: