Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thick Hair = Tired Arms

Okay, so I have been on my weekly rotations with the children's hair but I have been so tired after washing and styling, I haven't even wanted to take a picture. I don't know if it's cause it's warm now or what, but it's really taking me a long time to get the girls' scalp clean. I do what I think is a good wash, 2-3 lathers, and when I sit them down to style, their scalps still have buildup on it. So, I've had to sit them down beforehand with a spray bottle of water with shampoo and shampoo their scalps in sections. I literally start at the nape, make a narrow part, apply a dot of shampoo, and spray with water. I rub it in until it lathers. I do this in about 1/2 inch intervals all the way to the front of the head. All this before I even start the actual shampoo at the sink. I have speculated that it could be the oil I'm using on their scalp that is not readily coming out, but the oil is so beneficial to their hair I can't stop using it. I guess I better do some bicep and tricep curls to get in shape for all of this work.

No comments: